Monday, November 21, 2005

Fajita Stir Fry

I never liked stir fry as a kid. I think that it was because I don't really care for soy sauce or typical asian flavors... That said, when I was first married, I made Fajita's quite a lot because they were easy. One day, I was making these and realized that I was out of Tortillas! I decided to be creative and put it all over rice. What materialized was one of the most tasty dinners that I still make on a regular basis. Without further adu, here is my recipe for Fajita Stir Fry:

Cook Time 30 minutes Serves 4
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper*
1 Yellow Pepper*
1 Medium sized Onion
2 Cups Rice (uncooked)
1 Pkg. McKormic Fajita Seasoning
1 LB. Meat (Stewing Beef is best. Chicken, Turkey, or Ground Meat of any kind will work.)
1 Tbsp. Oil
1/2 Cup Water

Place uncooked rice into a pot with 4 cups of water (or your typical way of making rice). On high heat, bring rice to a boil then reduce heat to Medium Low and cover. Meanwhile slice Peppers and Onion. Saute vegetables in oil over Medium heat. When they are soft, remove them from pan and place aside. In the same pan that you cooked the vegetables, now brown your choice of meat. If you have chosen stew meat, you may want to add a little salt or the tenderizer of your choice as it tends to be a little tough. When meat is cooked through, add Seasoning Packet and Water, let simmer over Medium heat for about 5 minutes until a gravy has formed. Add cooked vegetables back into pan and stir gravy and meat into vegetables. Serve over cooked rice.

*yellow and red peppers are optional. They make the stir fry pretty and add a little sweet flavors into it as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger ABQ Mom said...

oh that sounds good, I have a few really good stir-fry recipes too! This is going to be fun!

November 22, 2005 9:22 AM  
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Mmm, yummy. I haven't been doing stir-fry as much lately, but it used to be one of my tried-and-true quick meals.

November 23, 2005 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home