Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Crockpot Issues

The thing that keeps me from making crockpot dinners more than anything is the cleaning of the crockpot. I specifically got one where the inner part of it can be removed for easy cleaning. Still not easy enough in my book.

Since this months assignment is crockpot recipes, I thought I would bring to everyone's attention a commerical I saw the other day. Its a new product from Reynold's Wrap. Its these cool inserts you put around the porecelain bowl of your crockpot. When dinner is done, you just remove the bag, and throw it away. Then its clean! Who Hoo! Talk about an ingenious invention that should have come around years ago.

I'm going to look for them the next time I'm at the grocery store, I'll let you know how it works. If anyone else picks them up and tries them out, I want to know what you think too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Proud Mum said...

My crockpot runs a little hot so things can easily burn on the sides (which makes it a nightmare to clean.) I find that as long as I do one of two things along with soaking the pot as soon as it's empty, then cleanup isn't any worse than any other pot or pan.

1) lightly grease the pot before adding ingredients (olive oil is fine, just something to provide a buffer from the food)

2) make sure there is enough liquid so the dry food doesn't crust to the sides

Good luck!

April 13, 2006 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home