Sunday, January 08, 2006

Thai Tuna Wraps

When we were living in Phoenix, we became really good friends with this couple. (I've mentioned her before in other posts on my regular blog). Since they had two kids and we had none they had us over for dinner all the time. One night when we were over she had made us this meal. I absolutely loved it, and about a year later when I was pregnant with Will I had cravings for it all the time. I would be talking to her on the phone while I was at work and I would mention my craving. She would tell me to come over after work and she'd have them made for me. Later when we had moved to Albuquerque, we really missed Christy's cooking. She had always promised to get me copies of all the things that she had ever made for us when we were over at her house. When I was pregnant with Sydnie I again had cravings for this meal. 3 months after she was born and I was up in Washington with the kids did I finally get copies of all her recipes, including this one. Shane loves it, and I love it, and I make it quite often. I hope you like it too.
Thai Tuna Wraps

INGREDIENTS:
2 TBSP lime juice
2 TBSP Mayo
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1 TBSP Sugar
2 TBSP cayenne pepper
3 cups chopped cabbage
1 medium carrot grated
3 green onions chopped
2 TBSP cilantro
2 cans tuna
6 flour tortillas
12-18 large spinach leaves



DIRECTIONS:
In large bowl mix together cabbage, carrots, green onions, cilantro and tuna. In small bowl mix together lime juice, mayo, soy sauce, sugar and cayenne pepper. Add mayo mixture to veggie mixture. Spread mayo on each flour tortilla, spread cabbage mixture, place spinach leafs on top and roll up. Cut in ½ diagonally.
(the original recipe calls for red pepper slices. You place two slices on the mixture with the spinach leaves before rolling them up. I use cayenne pepper in the sauce instead.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home