Thursday, December 01, 2005

Chicken Enchiladas

3 cups cooked chopped chicken breasts (about 3 breasts)
1 can cream of chicken soup (or your favourite "cream of" soup)
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mayonaise
1 can chopped green chilies
2 cups grated cheddar
1 pkg large tortillas

Mix all ingredients except cheese and tortillas. Spread a little mixture in 9x12 pan. Spread some mixture and a little cheese into a tortilla and roll up tortilla. Place tortilla rolls side by side in pan. Spread remaining sauce mixture and sprinkle remaining cheese on top of enchiladas.

Bake at 350ยบ for 20 minutes.

3 Comments:

Blogger ABQ Mom said...

Okay, I'mg going to have to publish my chicken enchilada recipes now. :-)

December 01, 2005 6:06 PM  
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Well, here is what my brain does when it reads a recipe like this, just in case anybody else out there is interested:

1 can reduced-fat cream of ... soup

1 cup plain yogurt or low-fat sour cream (not sure how the yogurt would cook though)

3/4 cup Miracle Whip Light

2 cups mixed shredded low-fat cheese

(I buy a prepackaged mix of low-fat, high flavour cheeses, because I'm lazy that way; I should look up which cheeses are in the mix)

December 03, 2005 8:43 AM  
Blogger April_Mommy said...

I would suggest the sour cream Karen instead of yogurt... I never seem to like the taste of yogurt in cooked recipies.

I also see myself as putting fat free mayonaise instead of miracle whip... my hubby can't stand that "tangy zip" :-)

December 04, 2005 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home