Monday, October 16, 2006

Sariah's Chocolate Chip Cookies

For the story behind this recipe, read this.

2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
4 beaten eggs
1 16- oz. jar of applesauce (I add a bit more to make the cake more moist)
1 cup cooking oil
Cream Cheese Frosting (I usually just get the pre-made kind, like Pillsbury, and I like the whipped the best)

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and cloves. Stir in eggs, applesauce, and cooking oil until thoroughly combined. Spread batter into an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.

Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Note: If you want to make it with pumpkin, just use 1 16 oz. can of pumpkin rather than applesauce. I've never tried it this way, but since that's the original recipe, I thought I'd give it to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home