Saturday, April 22, 2006

Chile Blanco (Posole)

This is a recipe given to Shane from a friend out at work. I believe its the same friend that loved my green chile chicken stew so much. I haven't made this one yet, so I don't have any suggestions how to alter it. But it should be good!

5 Tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground pork
1 pounds ground chicken
1 pound ground turkey
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
4 cups chicken stock
2 cans (15 oz each) White northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (16 oz) hominy, rinsed and drained
2 cans (4 1/2 oz each) chopped green chiles (about 1/4 cup)
3/4 cup seeded, chopped poblano peppers
2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno chiles
1/4 cup cumin
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup fresh cilantro

Heat oil in a large pot. Add pork, chicken, turkey, and salt. Cook breaking up meet with spoon until cooked through. Add onions, cook until softened. Add garlic, cook 1 minute, add remaining ingredients except cilantro. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 50 minutes. Add the cilantro and serve with corn tortillas or pita bread.

(I would think it would be okay to shrink down this recipe for smaller families, and possibly get away with using just chicken. If you make this let me know how it tastes and what you did. I'll have to try this soon.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home